Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester

Planning Commission Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

 

*Unapproved*

 

** See subsequent minutes for any changes

 

 

Members Present:  Jeff McDonough, Pete Fjeld, Kate Briggs, Donna Swinington

 

Absent:  Tim Johnson, Bethany Menkart 

 

Others Present:  Ron Fiske, Sandra Trombley, Secretary

 

Call to Order & Roll Call:  Donna called the Planning Commission Meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.

 

Reviewed Agenda.  

 

Minutes of April 14, 2010:

 

Motion by Jeff to approve minutes of April 14, 2010 as written.  Second by Pete.  All in favor.  So approved.

 

Brainstorming Town Plan:

 

Kate reported that even though our grant was well done, we did not get it.  The grants were awarded to towns with designated down towns.  There will be another opportunity to apply in the fall, but we can’t wait.  The money is very restrictive now.  We need to get our Town Plan updated.

 

Fairpoint wants to update telephone service, but our zoning does not permit it in Lake 2 district.

 

Kate proposed that we go to Lake Dunmore/Fern Lake July meeting for input from summer residents.  We would like to pass out the survey questionnaire to the lake residents.

 

Discussion about the Town Plan.  Ideas to keep costs at a minimum.  Suggest it would be available on-line, have a few copies at the Town Office, can go to the library to read it, and an opportunity to purchase a copy if someone wanted to.

 

Action:  The next PC Meeting in July will be warned in the newspaper that the PC is re-writing the Town Plan and there will be informal working sessions for the public to meet the needs of local citizens.  The PC will invite the participation of local citizens and organizations for an informal working session.  Pete reviewed the 10 step elements of the process.

 

Action:  Kate will provide copies of the grant proposal to the board.

 

Kate will ask Julie about supply of the current Town Plan that residents may look at during hearing.

 

Kate will take questionnaire to Lake Association meeting in July.

 

Pete suggested they go through the Town Plan and identify what they “don’t” need to change and identify what areas need to change. 

 

Other Business:

 

None

 

Limited Public Comment:

 

None

 

Adjournment:

 

Motion by Jeff to adjourn at 7:05 p.m.  Second by Pete.  All in favor.  So approved.

 

Next PC meeting July 14, 2010.

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Sandra L. Trombley

Planning Commission Secretary