Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
 
Monday, February 4, 2013
*Unapproved*
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
 
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Ron Fiske, Ken Young, Brad Lawes, Tom Barker
 
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Jeff Lee, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
 
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. 
 
Approval of January 21 & 28, 2013 Minutes:
 
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to approve minutes of January 21 & January 28, 2013.  4 approved and 1 Abstention (Tom).  So approved.
 
Review/Authorization to pay bills:  Bills making their rounds for signatures.
 
Julie explained the bills and that the Milfoil Grand Proposal for 2013 is there for review.
 
Motion by Ron and second by Ken that the Selectboard approves Treasurer to make payment of all state and federal taxes and fees as required, this includes federal 941 payments, Vermont withholding payments, state education tax, state dog fees and state marriage tax fees.  All in favor.  So approved.    The Selectboard signed authorization sheet.
 
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
 
Town Clerk/Treasurer
 
Julie reported that delinquents are at $87,000.
 
Town Report and ballot are off to the printers.  There was someone for every spot except lister.  The reports and ballots should be back from printer next week.
 
Town Meeting is coming up; so they might want to think about the sound system.  Julie requested some help setting up.
 
Diane offered some help labeling Town Reports.
 
Town Foreman: 
 
Arlan reported that everything is ok. 
 
Ken asked again about the big tree on Cram Road and his concern of it falling in the road.  Ken asked if we could lay it down on the ground.  Tom mentioned it two or three weeks ago.  Arlan said he would do something with it.
 
Water is over the Bullock Road.  Tom stated that there should be some road closed signs put up.  Arlan will check it out.
 
Listers: 
 
Jeff Lee reported that James, our appraiser, has been in and helped him.  Jim is back.  They are missing Cecile.  Jeff stated he is still learning.
 
They are having problems with the tax map.  The maps are not accurate.  The tax maps need to be updated and redone.  LaRose will quote re-doing the maps completely or over a two year period.  LaRose will bring a sample or two of his work from other towns.  Jim will be in tomorrow.  Jim and Jeff can call LaRose tomorrow and see if he can come down when both Jim & Jeff are there.
 
Julie explained the requirement and timeline and issues for listers lodging the grand list. Jim came in and lodged the grand list.
 
 Zoning Administrator:  None
 
Health Officer:  None
 
Cemetery Committee:
 
Tom talked about the high price of the quote for fencing.  Ron mentioned possibly resetting the granite posts. 
 
Tom mentioned that Randy Trudeau called to say that the flag pole was broken.  The flag is too big for the pole and it’s tattered.  Tom fixed the pole.  He stated that they need a new flag.  Julie will ask Willem for a 3x5 flag for the cemetery.
 
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So approved.
 
NEW BUSINESS:
 
Taxpayer request:
 
Diane read the letter directed to Board of Listers and copied to Selectboard from David & Susan Potter for a Public Records Request.  The listers are required to respond within 48 hours by State Statute.  Julie reported that Susan has tried to call James the appraiser on numerous occasions.  He will not call her back.  Julie gave her NEMRIC’s number to try to contact Ed and he said he will not speak with anyone in regard to the reappraisal for the town.  So, Potter’s have no other choice.  Jim is coming in tomorrow to deal with it and Julie offered to help draft his response.
 
No public opinion.
 
Julie requested to go into Executive Session to discuss personnel. 
 
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to go into Executive Session at 7:17 p.m. Passed unanimously.
 
Motion by Tom and second by Ken to come out of Executive Session at 7:37 p.m. with no action taken.  Passed unanimously.
 
Motion by Ken and second by Brad to adjourn at 7:37 p.m.  All in favor.  So approved.
 
Next meeting, Monday, February 18, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
 
Respectfully submitted,
 
 
Sandra L. Trombley, Secretary