Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 01-21-19

  Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, January 21, 2019
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Diane Benware, John Rouse, Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary                                                          
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.  
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  Added weight permit, sign mowing contracts and re-appointment of Pete Fjeld to DRB & PC, broken storm window on white building, BLSG.
Approval of January 7, 2019 minutes:
Motion by John and second by Brad to approve minutes of January 7, 2019 as written.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by John authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Arlan had nothing to report other than the long hours of snow plowing.  
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported working on the Town Report and budget primarily.
Weight Permit:
Weight permit for Newport Sand & Gravel was approved.
There was a spring flooding and ice jams meeting notice.
There was a Green Up Day notice about designating coordinator and co-coordinator.  Julie will ask Kate if she wants to continue as coordinator and Diane as co-coordinator.
ACRP wants the Municipal Complete Streets Form back by February 1stfor road projects done in 2018.
Julie will send it back the Certificate of Highway Mileage Form.  
Julie will send back Special Weight Limits Form.
Julie and Arlan will review the report of hazardous waste.  
Board signed annual mowing contracts for Cal, Gus and Lem.
Review Town Report:
Review/Resign Warning:
Julie explained the correction in the town warning.
Board reviewed and signed corrected town warning.
Julie presented the last version of the Town Report that is pretty close to done other than tweaking a few minor things.  She would like to finalize report by the end of the week and send to Little Pressroom next week.
Board discussed BLSG assessment.
Brad reported that three people from the Town of Salisbury came to the BLSG meeting with questions about budget and came away with a better understanding of the limited resources and the budget.  He hopes for Salisbury representation on the board.
There will be another meeting in February.
Brad reported BLSG is servicing about 10,000 residents in all the towns and there were about 80 ‘no spray’ residents out of the 10,000.
Re-appointment to DRB & PC:
Motion by Brad and second by Diane to re-appoint Pete Fjeld to DRB and PC until November 2020.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Julie reported that a storm window on the white building is broken.  Going up the ramp, it is the 2ndone on the bottom; where one of the panes broke out and landed in the snow in pieces.  
Ron will look at the broken storm window and report back.
Julie also reported on the L brackets on the ramp of the brick building.  They are not holding very well.  Ron will look at the L brackets on the ramp of brick building.
Town Shed:
Motion by Tom to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Next meeting:  February 4, 2019
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary