Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 7-15-19

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, July 15, 2019
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Diane Benware, Brad Lawes, Tom Barker, John Rouse, Ron Fiske
Others Present:  Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.  
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:
Approval of July 01, 2019 minutes:
Motion by Tom, second by John, to approve minutes of July 1, 2019 as written.  3 in favor and 1 abstention (Brad) So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John, second by Tom, authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor. So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported about ditching on Hooker Road.  The rain washed the bottom and the grass didn’t get started.   Mike came down last Thursday and said they needed to get the grass growing or line it with stone.  Arlan doesn’t think they will get grass growing because of the water; so, it looks like they will need to line the ditch with stone.  They put in a culvert on Hooker Road and another culvert on Maple Run
  1.   They have two more to do.
Tom reported that Alan May came down and met with him in Salisbury.  Tom asked him to come down and look at the project on Old Jerusalem Road where the bank is eroding away.  Alan said there is money for that but they need to talk with Jason Borg, their water engineer.  They need to get Jason Borg down to look at it and get his input, then Alan would be happy to work with Board in getting some money for it.  Alan felt that moving the road would be too cost prohibitive due to wetlands and other reasons.
Alan May recommended writing up a grant through Better Back Roads and he would help the Board with it.
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Health Officer:
Animal Control Officer:
John gave a brief report to the Board on the pony case.
Cemetery Committee:
Weight Permits None
Diane was prepared to ask Mike Winslow for a traffic study grant for Old Jerusalem Road, but with Alan May stating it was a wetland and other issues, she will not do so.
There was a note from Julie that Municipal Planning Grants are available.  This is more related to Town Plans.
Emerald Ash Borer has been discovered in Bristol. There is a meeting in Randolph on August 7thto discuss how to take down the trees.  There is also a workshop in Bristol in the next couple weeks that ACRP is organizing.  There was no date at this time.
Needed:  New ACRPC Delegate:
Diane reported that Alexis Caswell was their 2nddelegate to ACRPC and she sent a letter to Adam stating she is no longer able to fulfill that position.  It’s a once a month, 2ndWednesday of the month meeting to attend. Diane asked if the Board can think of anyone who might like to do this, to please let her know.
Julie provided the latest draft of the Jerusalem Road Bridge.  Julie and Jim Carroll had not had a chance to review it to date.
Annual Contract for IT Services:
Diane signed the recurring service agreement with Silloway for consulting at $112.50 per hour.
Municipal Roads General Permit:
Diane reported that last meeting they talked about the Municipal Roads General Permit that the State has just come out with, reflecting all the new road and bridge standards.  
Diane will ask Julie to put it on agenda for next month for signatures.
John reported he couldn’t find the old car that was reported at Cove Point.
Tom called two places and left messages. John talked with two people.  They had questions before giving a quote that John couldn’t answer.  They said they could do it this year; possibly September/October.
John will call and schedule a meeting and then email the Board with a time and date to meet.
Town Shed:
Motion by John, to adjourn at 7:33 p.m.  
Next meeting:  August 5, 2019 
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary