Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 06-17-19

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, June 17, 2019
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Diane Benware, Tom Barker, John Rouse, Ron Fiske
Members Absent:Brad Lawes
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.  
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda Sheriff’s Offer of Contract 
Approval of June 3, 2019 minutes:
Motion by Tom, second by Ron, to approve minutes of June 3, 2019 as written. All in favor.   So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John, second by Tom, authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor. So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that unpaid dog licenses were down to less than twenty.  Julie will discuss this list with Animal Control Officer and the next steps.  
Julie will check on getting the Animal Control Officer a badge for identification.  Signs for truck are in process.
Julie reported that July 1stnew legislation becomes effective that changes the fees for recording and the vital records law.  You will be able to get birth and death certificates at any Town Clerk for any town. Julie expects July to be a difficult month.
Saturday night Julie received several calls about dogs, and John got a call about cows.
Road Foreman:
Arlan looked at a 524 John Deere loader in Ferrisburgh.
Arlan reported they did some grading, hauled gravel and winter sand, and worked on Hooker Road.
Diane reported that Lem has been out doing roadsides.
Ron reported that roadside brush needs to be cut again.  He indicated that brush is bad again on Dewey Road.
Julie reported there is $2500 in the budget for roadside brush cutting.  
Arlan reported the Creek Road needs some cutting; as well.  
Diane reported brush or weeds at the end of the bridge on Old Jerusalem Road that needs to be cut.  It’s hard to see traffic coming.  Diane also reported that since the roadside has been cut, there are a couple spots that are getting close to the creek on the west side of the road.
Health Officer:
Animal Control Officer:
John gave a report to the Board on the pony case.
Cemetery Committee:
Weight Permits None
Sheriff’s Contract:
Diane presented the Sheriff’s offer of a contract to the Town.  The contract was not requested.
Motion by Tom, and second by Ron, to table the discussion of the Sheriff’s contract that was sent to the Board.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Tom began discussion on the siding and storm windows on the White Building.  The paint part needs someone that deals with lead paint.  It is difficult to get anyone right now as contractors are very busy. There was discussion about vinyl siding.
Diane will check her emails and make a few phone calls to the people at the National Historic Register to see what they have to say; and she will report back.  Tom thought it should be put it on the agenda for the next meeting, July 1st.
Tom mentioned that the Town Office needs to be pressure washed.
Diane mentioned that her trash can, watering can, and hoses are missing.
Town Shed:
Motion by Tom, to adjourn at 7:19 p.m.  
Next meeting:  July 1, 2019 
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary