Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes - ZBA

 Leicester Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
6:05 P.M.
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Peter Fjeld, Chair, Jeff McDonough, Tom Drew, Bill Shouldice
Members Absent:  Donna Swinington
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to Order/Roll Call:  Meeting called to order at 6:05 p.m. by Chair and roll call. 
Review Agenda:  Reviewed agenda. 
Approval of Minutes of October 28, 2016:
Motion by Jeff and second by Tom to approve minutes of October 28, 2016 as written.  All in favor.  So approved.
Other Business: 
Tom reported that he attended, on behalf of the Board, the Fall Planning & Zoning Forum in Montpelier, held on November 2nd.  Quite a bit of the time was spent on renewable energy in the State.  Tom thinks maybe there will be some amendments that the Board will need to make to the Town Plan.  Tom reported that there was also discussion on road permitting and new agricultural practices.  Tom will make up some notes to compare to what comes down from Regional Planning.
Julie stated that Diane Benware was at a meeting with Regional Planning on municipal energy planning and implementation in December.  Peter reported he also attended in December.
There is another Regional Planning meeting sometime in February.  Bill would like to go.
Sandy will try to get the February date.
Julie reminded the Board to think about the Town Plan as it needs to be done by the end of summer. 
Peter mentioned that he had sent Marianne a one page zoning application administrative report to help determine what information is needed to make a decision.  He had not heard anything.
Tom asked if there was a reason that Marianne did not attend these meetings.
Peter stated that it could be somewhat of a reaction to the last zoning administrative meeting.
Sandy stated that she thought this was discussed in the past and recommended that they invite Marianne to come to the hearings to offer information and answer questions about the application.
Bill asked if the Zoning Board could get a copy of the Administrative Officer’s monthly report. 
Bill said it would be nice to know where the locations are.  A permit number or parcel number doesn’t mean anything to him.
Sandy stated that she receives a report of applicant’s name, parcel #, permit type and permits issued; and thought that the Zoning Board got one; as well, but apparently it is just the Selectboard that gets the report.
Julie will ask Marianne if she would be willing to attend zoning hearings and if she could provide a more detailed copy of her monthly report to the board.
Public Comment:  None
Motion by Jeff to adjourn ZBA meeting at 6:16 p.m.  All in favor.  So approved.
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Zoning Board of Adjustment Secretary