Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester

Selectboard Meeting Minutes


Monday, December 6, 2010




** See subsequent minutes for any changes


Members Present:  Diane Benware, Ron Fiske, Tom Barker, Ken Young, Bob Oliver


Others Present:   Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Kate Briggs, Sandra Trombley, Secretary


Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. 


Review of Agenda:  Agenda reviewed. 


Approval of Minutes of November 15, 2010:


Motion by Tom to approve minutes of November 15, 2010 as written.  Second by Bob.  All in favor.  So approved.


Review/Authorize Payment of Bills:  Bills making their rounds for signatures. 


Reports from Town Officials, Committees:


Town Clerk/Treasurer:


Julie reported that delinquent taxes were at $104,000.  $120,000 with interest and penalties.


There will be a Board of Abatement meeting on December 13th at 6:45 p.m.  Julie asked the Board to review criteria for the process.


Julie reported about the new process with the bills.  Per the Secretary of State, the Treasurer cannot fill out checks prior to approval of the Board. 


Julie will print out budget for the next meeting so the Board can see if anything needs to be moved.


Zoning Administrator:


Kate reported that PC has been working on new zoning applications.  There will be four.

·         Standard permit

·         Boundary adjustments

·         Subdivisions

·         Access roads (driveways)


Kate provided draft of a one page zoning application for road/driveway access.  She recommends a fee of $25.


Motion by Tom to put $25 for application fee for driveway access permit.  Second by Ron.  All in favor.  So approved.


Other zoning application forms are being revised.


Kate reported on the ZBA Hearing on November 30th stating the ZBA rejected the Tillman proposal.


Kate reported that the Planning Grant was sent.


Lister Report: 


Kate reported they didn’t hear from the tax mappers.


Kate and Julie met with an alternative tax mapper and are moving toward a tax map date of April 1st.  This is very important for zoning.


Road Foreman:


Arlan reported that Scott and Chuckie cleaned up trees.  It was reported there was a tree that needed to be taken care of by Bob Munger’s.


Ken reported beavers were back.  Arlan will talk with Kurt Kimball.


Arlan reported on the grader.  The transmission needs to come out.  He doesn’t know the price at this time.


Discussion of options around grader and Goshen’s offer. 


Action:  Diane will call Marcy and ask her to tell Jim to contact Arlan or Scott with an offer for December 20th meeting.


Cemetery Committee:    No report




Wind Damage Reports:


Arlan reported that there wasn’t enough wind damage to report.




Capital Plan:


Arlan talked about culverts for Dewey Road, Stove Pipe, Fern Lake Road, Hooker Road, Maple Street and Delorm Road.  Arlan needs to look them over.  The Board will need some figures for budget.


Diane was concerned about an area on Jerusalem Road.


Limited Public Opinion:  None




Chair shared letter from Mr. Nicholson to Tax Collector. 


Motion by Tom to take no action at this time and leave in the hands of the Tax Collector.  Second by Ken.  All in favor.  So approved. 


Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:50 p.m.  Second by Bob.  All in favor.  So approved.


Next meeting, Monday, December 20, 2010.



 Respectfully submitted,



Sandra L. Trombley

Selectboard Secretary