Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester

Selectboard Meeting Minutes

 

Monday, July 19, 2010

 

*Unapproved*

 

** See subsequent minutes for any changes

 

Members Present:  Diane Benware, Ron Fiske, Tom Barker, Ken Young, Bob Oliver

 

Others Present:   Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Jennifer Munger, Sue Potter, Harold & Jean Somerset,   Tony & Sandy Telerico, Sandra Trombley, Secretary

 

Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. 

 

Review of Agenda:  Agenda reviewed. 

 

Approval of Minutes of July 5, 2010:

 

Motion by Tom to approve minutes of July 5, 2010 with correction of Ken Young being present and absent.  Ken was absent.   Second by Bob.  All in favor with correction of Ken Young being absent.  So approved.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

 

Isthmus Road Update:

 

Bob, Arlan, and Bob Kilpeck visited Isthmus Road.  There needs to be 60/65 trees cut, some stumping and minor grading work.  Some tree removal will need a tree service.

 

Per fire prevention codes, the road needs to be not less than 20’ wide and 14’ height clearance.  Julie read the details of the code.

 

Next steps: 

·         Arlan will work up a firm written estimate of the cost for # of trees to be cut, minor grading, stumping

·         Define trees and get a written estimate from a tree removal service of the cost to remove trees

·         Arlan will meet with Barry to see where logs can be stored

 

Arlan needs to finish Ferson Road before starting the Isthmus project.  Arlan would prefer to work on Isthmus Road when there are less campers and traffic with cutting trees and such.  He will be blocking the road to cut trees and then he will need to use the skidder to move them.  Less traffic on the road the better.

 

Once the stock piling spot is determined, we need to communicate and receive written permission from property owners for stacking logs and brush.

 

Tom, Ron, Ken and Arlan will look over trees that need a tree removal service, Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.  They will mark trees with paint.  One of them will make a phone call to a tree removal service.

 

Ken asked for further discussion on Delorm Road ditching project.  He asked about the water coming down on his property. Arlan was looking to put a culvert across above Munger’s and dig the ditch below the grade of the culvert and it will go farther down.  By Wilcox property they need to dig the ditch below the grade of the culvert.  The plastic culvert needs to be flushed out.

 

Perhaps they can look at Ken’s property tomorrow night.

 

Discussion on Ferson Road project; and the rock being placed on the bank.  Arlan is in agreement to cleaning it out and leaving it and see what happens. They will put rock near the edge.  Ken recommends getting some matting with seed and fertilizer mixed in to get vegetation back on the bank.  Arlan will get the matting from Ferguson’s.

 

Review/Authorize Payment of Bills:  Bills making their rounds.

 

Reports from Town Officials, Committees:

 

Road Foreman: 

 

Paving was completed on Rte. 53.

 

Town Clerk/Treasurer:

 

Julie registered two dogs this month.

 

Julie reported delinquents are at $48,800.  Beth gave Julie her open list report and everything she is working on.

 

Julie is waiting for the Grand List to be lodged from the Listers.

 

Taxes are due October 15th.

 

There are two petitions and order authorizing placement for pole and wire location from Fairpoint Communications both on Hooker Road.  File 10-261 and File 10-263. 

 

The Board signed and Julie will record it in the records of the town books.

Cemetery Committee:

 

Tom reported there was nothing to report at this time.

 

Weight Permits:  None

 

NEW BUSINESS:

 

Politics on Town Green:

 

Joseph Watson and Michael Warner inquired about political placards on the Town Green.

 

Board is not taking action unless it becomes a hazard or an eye sore.

 

Limited Public Opinion:  None

 

Other:

 

Democratic Caucus is Tuesday evening next week at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center.

 

Republican Caucus is Wednesday evening next week at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center.

 

It is just to name Justice of the Peace’s.

 

Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:55  p.m.  Second by Ron.  All in favor.  So approved.

 

Next meeting, Monday, August 2, 2010.

 

 

 Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Sandra L. Trombley

Selectboard Secretary