Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday November 2, 2015
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present: Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, Ken Young
Members Absent: Brad Lawes
Others Present: Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, John Chandler, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:
Approval of October 19, 2015 minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to approve minutes of October 19, 2015 as written. All in favor. So approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Animal Control Officer:
John reported some calls about a loose horse. He talked with the parties involved and the horse has since been transported elsewhere.
October 19th there was an incident with a dog that ran out in the road and caused an accident. The dog was ok. No one was hurt in the accident. John explained the rules and gave a warning.
Last Friday there was a dog bite between two dogs. Two couples were walking their dogs. One dog was not on a leash. John did a report. John believes the dog that bit is not an aggressive dog; but was startled and became protective. He told the couple that they can’t have their dog off a leash; Isthmus Road is a public road. This isn’t the only incident that has happened between the two dogs. John explained that they can’t have their dogs running off a leash. The dog owners explained they always walk their dogs off their leash. John explained that if another incident happens, and the dogs are off leash, it will become his problem.
John knows of two other unregistered dogs. He has made home visits, but no one is ever home.
Tom explained to John that Lake Dunmore and Silver Lake Trail Head are not in Leicester; but Salisbury. Brian Webb is Salisbury’s contact person for dogs at those locations.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported that that he and Brad looked over the McDonald driveway. It’s not a great place; looking toward the south. There are some right of way issues that are civil matters.
Tom thinks the driveway needs to be built up.
Brad seemed to think it needs a culvert.
No action taken at this time and table until Brad returns.
Arlan reported that they got six loads of salt.
He ordered the sander for $3,200.
They graded part of Delorm Road on the north end. They worked on the culvert on Brian Moore’s driveway and did some ditching.
Tom asked if the small trees headed toward Leno’s could be cut.
Arlan reported that there are trees on the Cram Road that need to be cut.
Diane asked if the pot holes on Lower Bullock Road could be filled.
Jennifer Fitch wants to come down for a meeting on Old Jerusalem Road. Arlan will set up the working session and let others know. Tom is interested in attending.
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie asked if she could get some help setting up a booth(s) after their November 16th meeting for voting on November 17th.   Julie thinks that she and two others will be enough for voting on the 17th.
Julie reported $176,800 in delinquents.
Board ok’s Julie having the fire extinguisher maintenance done.
Julie called Whiting about correcting the ad for a tax sale.
Friends of Leicester School are disbanding and Julie has a check to the cemetery as a donation.
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to approve the bills. All in favor. So approved.
Health Officer:
Diane reported that the dumpster was delivered to ACSW. Diane had reported the water situation with the hose. She will check on the sewer situation.
There was a notice from English, Carroll & Boe that the town has been credited with $154.50 due to a billing error.
Working with the Planning Commission:
Diane reported on the Planning Commission meeting last week. They worked through Articles I and II provided by Julie. Next Tuesday, November 10th they will meet around 6:30 p.m. after the reconvened hearing. They will be looking at Article IV, permitted uses. Diane invites everyone to attend.
Diane explained that she mentioned to the Board that they needed to clearly spell out job responsibilities as they see it.
Diane reminded that sometime in the middle of next year, they’ll need to have a group put together to redo the Town Plan. They need to get individuals to serve on the Planning Commission &/or the Zoning Board. They need to add Peter’s re-appointment on November 16th agenda.
Town Shed: None
Access Permit: Under Road Foreman’s report.
Limited Public Opinion: None
Executive Session:
Motion by Chair and second by Tom to go into Executive Session to discuss personnel at 7:08 p.m. All in favor. So approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to come out of Executive Session at 7:49 p.m. with action taken: Chair to contact necessary personnel. All in favor. So approved.
Motion by Ken and second by Tom to adjourn at 7:49 p.m.
Next Meeting: November 16, 2015
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary