Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 11-16-2020

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 16, 2020
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Brad Lawes, Tom Barker
Members Absent:  Ron Fiske, John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderCalled meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  
Approval of November 9, 2020 Minutes:
Motion by Tom, second by Brad to approve minutes of November 9, 2020.  All in favor.  So, approved. 
Approval of minutes of October 19, 2020 will wait until next meeting; with Brad’s abstention, there is not a quorum. 
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom, second by Brad to approve payment of bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that there is about $140,000 in delinquent taxes.  There continues to be a state of emergency until December 15th, so no action is being taken.
Julie had someone call about garbage on Hooker Road and the amount of trash on the side of the road.  They were wondering if the town would put up a “no dumping” sign in that area of Hooker Road.  They called ACSW and the Sheriff’s Department went there.  There was trash, garbage, plastic and tires.
Board is not encouraged that putting up a sign would change any behavior due to past experience.  
Julie quoted a generator and low end minimum was $8,000 plus gas.  This is way outside of any grant money they have.
Julie talked with the LGER Grant Coordinator and they said it was ok if they don’t spend it in the exact buckets she applied for. Julie is going to get some air purifiers, masks, wipes and cabinets to put election materials in.  She wants to get some things for remote set up under the LGER Grant.  Everything must Covid specific and be spent or planned and submitted by December 11th.  
Julie talked about the Covid Addendum and has returned the Town Office to a locked door with no walk-ins.  Appointments can be made for real estate, legal and financial researches. She will update the web-site.  She has to log even more tracing data.
Future Selectboard meetings need to be remote by Zoom or phone.  Julie will provide I pads for Tom and Ron.
Julie explained employees are not set up for remote working.
Julie reported that she hasn’t heard from Carly Lehrer about the Animal Control position.  Diane will email her.
Road Foreman:
Weight Permits:
Brad signed weight permits for RK Dickel Transportation, Charlestown, NH and Jason Williams Trucking, Weare, NH.
Proclamation for School Choice Week:
Julie provided the revised proclamation for recognizing School Choice Week 1/24 – 1/30/21 for Board’s signature.
Board signed.
Diane read the email from Tom Fleury, Leicester Principal, requesting the use of the White Building on Thursdays for the Music Teacher to practice with students in small groups.  The outdoor situation is no longer viable with the change in weather conditions.  The school has specific Covid requirements for school children.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to allow the school to use the White Building following all Covid guidelines.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Policy Update:
Tom stopped and asked John if he had any other CMV policies.  Tom stated that John had provided all policies he had.
Diane and Julie will work on the boiler plate template.
Local Hazard Mitigation (LHM) Plan Update Commitment:
Diane reviewed the current plan and the long process.  The Plan expires next year.  The town has to write the Request for Proposals (RFP).  
Motion by Brad and second by Tom to authorize Chair to sign the LHM Plan Commitment Letter on behalf of the town.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Naming DRB Delegates/Alternates:
Diane sent a letter to all DRB members.  She explained that Jeff McDonough, Bill Shouldice, and Peter’s terms were up this month.  Jeff and Bill would like to be reappointed, but Peter Fjeld does not want to serve.  Diane will send Peter a thank you note for his service.
Jay Michael has agreed to serve. 
Board has reappointed Jeff and Bill and appointed Jay Michael to the DRB. 
Suki Fredericks and Donna Swinington are delegates.
Hannah Sessions serves as Alternate.  
DRB will need to reorganize the Board.
Executive Session for Personnel Matter:  
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to go into Executive Session at 7:30 p.m. for a personnel matter.  All in favor. So, approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to come out of Executive Session at 8:17 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved. 
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to compensate Julie $1,000 for verifying the accuracy between the new tax maps and the Grand List, which has not been done since at least 2009.  Compensation to come from the Grant Admin line item in the amount of $500, and $500 from the Lister’s budget.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Motion by Tom, second by Brad to adjourn at 8:25 p.m.   
Next Meeting: December 7, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. Remotely.
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary