Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 02-15-2021

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, February 15, 2021
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Brad Lawes, Tom Barker
Members Absent:  Ron Fiske, John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderCalled meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  
Approval of February 1, 2021 Minutes:
Motion by Brad, second by Tom to approve minutes of February 1, 2021 as written.  All in favor.  So, approved. 
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Brad, second by Tom authorizing Julie to make the 2nd payment of $17,083 milfoil grant money to LDFLA.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Motion by Tom, second by Brad to approve bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie recommended to Brad that someone from BLSG respond to the larvicide comments on Front Porch Forum for clarification.
Brad asked where we were at with delinquent taxes and tax sales.  
Julie reported that some towns are starting to do tax sales.
Brad and Tom made some suggestions on how to proceed with delinquent taxes.  
Board supports Julie getting in touch with Beth to contact Jim Carroll’s office for a formal tax collection letter.
Julie reported that voting ballots are getting mailed out by the school.  Julie anticipates most will vote absentee, but hopes for good weather for those that come to the office to vote.
Julie reported she needs to do a Tier I report for salt and sand.  Julie thinks they may have to report the propane; as well.  She will get with Arlan on that.
Weight Permits:
Brad signed the weight permits.
Diane reviewed all the correspondence.
Planning for Town Meeting:
The Selectboard Meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. to conduct business and then at 7:00 p.m. Board will hold the Zoom Informational Meeting.
Tom asked Brad if he had talked with David Crane about the sink and toilet.
Brad has talked with David several times about the sink for the White Building.  He will talk with him again tomorrow to see if he can get things moving.
Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:00 p.m.
Next Regular Meeting: March 1, 2021
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary