Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 04-04-2022

  Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 4, 2022
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present: Diane Benware, Brad Lawes, Diane Randall, Tom Barker
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  
Approval of March 21, 2022 Minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve minutes of March 21, 2022 as written. All in favor.  So, approved. 
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie provided the annual stray animal contract for Homeward Bound for Chair’s signature.
Julie reported two plowing complaints; one on the Salisbury/Leicester line and one on Jenna Lane with letter and photos.  
Arlan mentioned it’s always hard when the ground is not frozen.  Arlan will check out the complaints.
There was discussion about the Town’s right of way and what Town is willing to do in repairs.
Julie reported that the reason the flag has been moved is because of the new tabulator.  The Secretary of State replaced all tabulators.  It’s bigger than the old one.  She needs to get rid of the old one; as the State is not taking the old ones back.
Julie reported that VHFA is doing some kind of grant that helps pay taxes, mortgage and other residential things.  If someone qualifies for the VHFA grant program, they pay the vendor or town, not the qualifying person.  The town needs to sign up to be an approved vendor so the town can receive this money.
Tax sale is April 21st.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported that Cory Naylor needs a new 15” driveway culvert and it needs to be moved.  Cory put in the first one.
Arlan ordered a new garage door opener for garage door at the shed.
Arlan was asked about pavement prices.  He doesn’t know what D&F’s pricing for paving is going to be.
Everyone thinks pricing will be higher this year. 
Diane thanked Arlan for filling in the pot holes on Old Jerusalem Road.  
Diane reported a message from Mike at Regional Planning that they are changing how things are done.  There are still a couple spots on Hooker Road and Ferson Road.   Diane needs to have him open up the inventory so she and Arlan can look at it.  Diane wants to take photos.
Weight Permits:
Arlan signed weight permits.
  •       Changes to the USDA RD 504 Home Repair Grant Program
  •        Contract with Homeward Bound
Diane R. reminded everyone of the school re-vote on April 26, 2022.  She hasn’t seen the budget and does not know what they have adjusted.
Brad asked Chair if she contacted the State Police about the dangerous intersection on Route 7.  
Diane contacted State Police and they told her to contact AOT.  She has made calls and left phone messages and sent emails but has not heard anything from anyone.  Diane will report back as soon as she hears from them.
Mowing Bids:
Julie provided the contracts for Gus and Lem that need Board signatures.  
Board signed.
Tom reported that Gus has already done his cleanup work.
Seeking Energy Coordinator:
Diane reported that Jeremy Gildrien doesn’t currently have time to be Leicester’s Energy Coordinator, so they need to look for a new Coordinator.
Maple Broadband needs Leicester Town Representative appointments for delegate and alternate by April 25th.   The first full meeting will be Tuesday, May 3rd at 5:00 p.m. by Zoom.
Julie will place on Front Porch Forum and newspaper.
Green Up 2022:
Saturday, May 7th is Green Up Day.  Diane picked up bags, pencils and coloring books.  Posters should be coming soon.  Lunch for workers will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  There will be raffle items.
This year they will have a little competitive fun, promoting a clean every mile challenge.  Every town can find a road map of all the town roads.
Julie will put it on Front Porch Forum.  
Town Shed:
Motion by Brad and second by Tom to go into Executive Session at 7:09 p.m. to discuss possible legal action.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to come out of Executive Session at 7:55 p.m. with no action taken.
All in favor.  So, approved.
Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:55 p.m.
Next meeting:  Monday, April 18, 2022 
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley, Secretary