Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 03-20-2023

  Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, March 20, 2023
*Unapproved*
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
 
Members Present: Diane Benware, Diane Randall, Brad Lawes, John Rouse, Tom Barker
 
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley
 
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
 
Pledge of Allegiance:
 
Review of Agenda 
 
Approval of March 6 & March 8, 2023 Minutes:
 
Motion by Brad and second by Diane R. to approve minutes of March 6 & March 8, 2023 as written.  All in favor. So, approved. 
 
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
 
Motion by Tom and second by Diane R. authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
 
Road Foreman:
 
Arlan reported they hauled a lot of gravel and graded Ferson Road and Old Jerusalem Road.
 
Brad asked if he decided what roads to put in to pave for the paving grant.  The application for resurfacing is due by April 15th.  $175,000 is the maximum for a grant.
 
Arlan will decide where to pave next week and let Diane or Julie know.
 
Arlan hasn’t done anything about the dry hydrant yet.
 
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
 
Julie mentioned the Homeward Bound Contract that is in the bills.  Option 1 is $450 for three stray dogs and $75 per dog after that.  Option 2 is $600 unlimited stray dogs.
 
Motion by John and second by Tom to continue with Option 2 for $600.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Julie stated that Jessica sent a letter offering to come to a meeting with the Board and explain what they have to offer if they would like.  
 
Board was ok with Jessica coming to a meeting.
 
Julie provided the reappraisal contract with Nemric for $84,600.  
 
Motion by Brad and second by John to approve the reappraisal contract for $84,600 with Nemric.  All in favor.  So, approved.  Board signed.
 
Julie provided the Tax Map Contract update.
 
Board signed Tax Map Contract.
 
Julie provided the MRGP Annual Report Form for 2023.
 
Diane signed MRGP Annual Report Form.
 
Julie received a letter from Tom Drew and Joanne Simpson about a zoning issue at the lake in regard to property on Partridge Trail, Road A.  Julie sent it to Keith and she will send it to Cree; as well, due to possible health issues.
 
Diane signed the appointment of Richard Reed as Representative to Addison County Solid Waste.  Diane is Alternate.
 
Maple Broadband would like a delegate from Leicester.  Julie will post on Front Porch Forum.
 
Diane read the letter Julie received from Todd Warnock about the Annual VT Gran Fondo Bicycle Ride, Saturday, June 24, 2023.  No conflicts with VT Sun Race Schedules.
 
Diane signed.
 
Weight Permit:  Weight permits signed.
 
CORRESPONDENCE:
 
Diane reviewed correspondence and passed the packet around.
 
  •       Carol Fjeld about ARPA Funds for Library
  •       Forest Service: Emerald Ash Borer Treatment
  •       Energy Subcommittee of Regional Planning
  •       Governor Phil Scott – Community Benefits
  •       Laura Williams – Division on Addictions
  •       Violence & Terrorism Prevention
  •       Addison County Visitor Center
  •       State Carbon Reductions Strategy
  •       Community Recovery and Revitalization
  •       Municipal Solar Workshop
  •       ADA Compliance
  •       Supreme Court Community Forum on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
  •       VT Municipal Equipment Show & Field Day May 10th
 
Diane mentioned that the State of VT wants us to review their VT Hazard Mitigation Plan Update at our next meeting.
 
April 27th Diane, Brad, Jeremy, Ann & Donna will make final touches to Leicester’s Hazard Mitigation Plan.
 
VT Sun Next Steps:
 
Steve Hare sent emails to Diane about the purchase of signs he ordered for their races.  Diane said he has been very responsive to our concerns.  
 
OLD BUSINESS:
 
Contract with Addison County Sheriff:
 
Board tabled the discussion until next meeting.
 
NEW BUSINESS:
 
John reported that he researched the speed sign capabilities.  They a limited to what you can do with the speed limit signs.  Basically, just the speed limit and flashing light.
 
John got a quote for new signs for $2,999 each that do more.
 
John stated he could put up the speed limit signs anytime they want him to.  
 
Arlan stated we have two posts and he will look for two more posts at least 10’ long.
 
They will discuss where to put the signs at the April 3rd meeting..
 
Executive Session: Possible Legal Matter:
 
Motion by Tom and second by John to go into Executive Session to discuss possible legal matter at 7:34 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Motion by Tom and second by John to come out of Executive Session at 8:17 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.  No action taken.
 
Next meeting Monday, April 3, 2023.
 
 
Respectfully submitted,
 
 
 
Sandra L. Trombley, Secretary