Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday August 15, 2016
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Mark Stacey
Members Absent:  Ron Fiske
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda
Approval of August 1, 2016 minutes:
Motion by Brad and second by Mark to approve minutes of August 1, 2016 as written.
All in favor.  So approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve bills.  All in favor.  So approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported they did some grading today, cut and picked up trees.  Paving starts tomorrow.
Cemetery Committee:
Health Officer:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that delinquents are at $80,500.  Tax bills went out and money is coming in.
Tom asked about a previous conversation in reference to having a tax sale.  We’ve added another year now that new bills have gone out. 
Diane will contact Beth about the delinquent taxes.
Julie reported that no one came to look at the pipe in the white building.
Julie has not heard from VLCT about the question of residency if serving as a constable or on PC or ZBA boards.
Diane explained the next steps going forward with the revisions of the zoning regulations and moving to a DRB.  Diane talked about the need to come up with or recruit new members.
Weight Permits: None
There was information on Reasonable Suspicion Training for those who supervise CDL drivers, September 29, 2016, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. at Shelburne Municipal Offices.
Diane will have Julie sign up our Road Foreman and Road Commissioner for the training.
There is a notice of a Town Fair, October 5th, Champlain Valley Fair Grounds for Clerks, Treasurers and Selectboard members.
As of July 1st, leaf, yard debris and clean wood are banned from trash. Diane will contact ACSW and Van Denton.  Next year food scraps will be banned from trash.
Sometime in the near future, GMP will be changing out the outside light to an LED.
Town Shed: 
Arlan has all the materials for the siding of the shed.  Arlan is not sure he has the time to do the work now. 
Tom thought maybe they could do one side at a time.
Brad and Arlan will talk about the project.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to adjourn at 7:15 p.m.
Next Meeting:  Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley

Selectboard Secretary