Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, October 3, 2016
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske
Members Absent:  Diane Benware
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda
Approval of September 19, 2016 minutes:
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to approve minutes of September 19, 2016 as written.
All in favor.  So approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to approve bills.  All in favor.  So approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that tax bills are due on October 15th. 
Brad will contact David Crane tomorrow and see if he followed up on the white building repairs.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported that Steve hauled gravel and did a little grading.
Tom asked the status on the chloride truck.  Arlan reported that it was not in good shape and probably should be looking for a replacement.
Brad offered the use of his chloride truck.  He will get his lights fixed.
Arlan asked about the furnace in the Town Shed. 
Julie mentioned that David thought it should be looked at in order to be inspected.
Arlan stated the stove pipe is good.
The Town Shed siding is almost complete with just the front to do.
There was discussion on the old scrap metal from the Town Shed. 
The Board decided that the metal could go to those who will take it away.
Cemetery Committee:
Health Officer:
Weight Permits:
Julie mentioned the need to get DRB members.  Julie is waiting for clarification from VLCT about criteria and statutory requirement to serve.
Julie mentioned that there is a situation right now that one member is gone until November and we have to have the other three members here the next two meeting to deal with active permit requests.
Julie will contact Tom Drew to confirm whether he can start now because the DRB isn’t starting right away.
Julie will talk with Diane about posting the Selectboard position in the newspaper.
Tom asked about the length of the ramp.  He noticed the sale of an aluminum ramp and thought it might be something to think about.
Tom asked about a Bilco door.  Ron will measure it up.
Tom asked about the roof on the white building.  It’s a very small job that most contractors don’t want to bother with.
Brad offered his crew to do it.
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to change the shingles on the white building.  All in favor.  So approved.
Town Shed: 
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to adjourn at 6:55 p.m. 
Next Meeting:  Tuesday, October 17, 2016
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley

Selectboard Secretary