Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes 08-21-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, August 21, 2017
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, John Rouse, Brad Lawes
Others Present:  Arlan Pidgeon, Julie Delphia, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:   Added letter of request to replace culvert and PVR letter follow up under Correspondence.  Spray foam insulation under Town Shed.  Reserve Road under Highway.  Legal matter under Executive Session. 
Approval of August 7, 2017 Minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve minutes of August 7, 2017 as written.  All in favor.   So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John and second by Tom authorizing Julie to pay bills plus the $19,000 to LDFLA.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie mentioned the need for a quick BCA meeting before the next Selectboard meeting on September 4, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
There was discussion about the information needed for the town credit card.
Julie reported that Mary Anne has a site visit at the Counter property on Friday at 1:00 p.m.  Let Julie know if anyone is interested in attending.
Julie reported that tax bills went out.  The solid waste notices were in the bills.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported they graded one day and hauled sand for part of a day.
Cemetery Committee:
Tom reported one more person was placed in the cemetery.  He wants to get back to work on the mapping.  Tom put up a new flag at the cemetery.
Health Officer:
Weight Permits:
Culvert Request:
Chair read a letter that was sent to the former Road Commissioner and current Road Foreman asking the procedure to have a culvert at the Sweeney camp at 1661 Hooker Road repaired with rocks.
Arlan looked at it.  There was discussion as to whether it would conform to the road and bridge standards.  Arlan didn’t think there was anything wrong with the culvert.  Changing it would just increase sediment in the lake. 
Arlan and Brad will go check it out.
Diane reported that Adam Lougee has the energy portion of the Town Plan about done and should have a final draft ready for Wednesday’s meeting. 
There is a section about poor sites for energy; such as solar panels, etc.  The Planning Commission needs to define significant scenic view sheds.
Town Shed:
Brad will call Don Markey in West Haven to request a quote for spray foaming the roof at the Town Shed.
Fence on Reserve Road:
John reported that Jim Butler wants the fence fixed; but not as high as it was and not as far up as it was.
Arlan can do the fence before winter.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to go into Executive Session to discuss a legal matter at 7:15 p.m.
Motion by Tom and second by John to come out of Executive Session at 7:42 p.m.  No action taken.
PVR Letter:
Reviewed letter from Doug Farnham.
Motion by Tom and second by John for Board Chair to respond to Commissioner indicating Board’s displeasure of response to previous letter from Doug Farnham.
Motion by Tom and second by John to adjourn at 7:55 p.m.
Next Meeting:  Monday, September 4, 2017
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary