Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes 05-15-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, May 15, 2017
*Unapproved*
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
 
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, Brad Lawes, John Rouse
 
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
 
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
 
Pledge of Allegiance:
 
Review of Agenda:  
 
Add:
Act 148 food scraps, Property Parcel Mapping Project under Correspondence.
Executive Session to review CDL records exempt per 1VSA 313 (a) (6)
 
Approval of May 1, 2017 minutes:
 
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to approve minutes of May 1, 2017 as written.  4 yes and 1 abstention (John).   So, approved.
 
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
 
Motion by Tom and second by John authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
 
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
 
Julie reported there was nothing additional to report that was not on the agenda.
 
Road Foreman:
 
Arlan reported that they have graded and hauled gravel.
 
Julie mentioned the new used truck had been added to the insurance.  The old truck is an asset and Julie was wondering what the plan was for the old truck. 
 
Arlan made an offer to purchase for $500.  Tom said there was another possible offer. 
 
Tom will contact other interested party and report back at next meeting.
 
Motion by Tom and second by John to take insurance off the old truck.  4 yes 1 no (Diane).  So, approved.
 
 
 
 
 
Cemetery Committee:
 
Health Officer:
 
Weight Permits:
 
CORRESPONDENCE:
 
Diane read a letter from representatives of Addison County Solid Waste wishing to meet with the Selectboard in planning for Act 148 food scraps law.  Next meetings are June 5th and June 19th.
 
Julie will notify Richard Reed and Van Denton.
 
Diane referred to information about the Property Parcel Mapping Project if anyone would like to review the process.
 
NEW BUSINESS:
 
Discussion with Mr. Flint:
 
Mr. Flint did not come.
 
OLD BUSINESS:
 
Green Up:
 
Diane reported that they had about two dozen volunteers.  They had some nice raffle prizes.  Everybody was happy.  Green Up was ok.
 
Planning Commission Meeting:
 
Diane asked about the Planning Commission meeting. 
 
Sandy reported that three members were present and she gave each of them a copy of the Town Plan that Julie had provided.  Homework was to read and prepare to meet on May 31st.
 
The PC voted to change meetings to the 2nd and last Wednesday of the month, due to conflicts that members had on Tuesday nights.
 
Peter had also emailed a copy of the Plan to members.
 
 
BUILDING NEEDS:
 
HIGHWAY CONCERNS/NEEDS:
 
Town Shed:
 
Tom talked with Jeremy Rathburn about the Town Shed roof and he was interested.  Jeremy has not called back.  Tom will call him back.
 
Diane will paint the small door of the Town Shed.
 
 
LIMITED PUBLIC OPINION: 
 
EXECUTIVE SESSION:
 
Motion by John and second by Brad to go into Executive Session to review CDL records exempt per 1VSA 313 (a) (6) at 7:05 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Motion by John and second by Brad to come out of Executive Session at 7:09 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:09 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
 
Next Meeting:  Monday, June 5, 2017
 
Respectfully submitted,
 
 
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary