Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes 05-01-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, May 1, 2017
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, Brad Lawes
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  
Approval of April 17, 2017 minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to approve minutes of April 17, 2017 as written.  All in favor.   So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Brad and second by Ron authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that delinquent taxes were at $112,100.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported:
  • David put the furnace in the town shed.  David wants to be there when Fyles puts the tank in.
  • He has been working on the chloride truck that was purchased for $3,500.
  • He talked with Gary about paving.
  • He cut trees on Cram Road.
Tom mentioned a sink hole on the creek road.  Above there is a snag in the water.  Arlan will check it out.
Cemetery Committee:
Tom reported a few more lots have been sold.  The last row is pretty much taken up.
Tom talked with Gus about some trees he cut that bothered him when mowing.  Gus hasn’t invoiced the work yet.  Tom cut some trees close to the fence and raked and cleaned up.   He would like to get Mike Magoon down to find the pins with his metal detector and get some markers and to start the next row out.
Tom will update the maps.
Tom would like to pursue a Cerf Foundation Grant.  The deadline is June 7th.  An application can be completed through a web-site.  Diane offered her assistance.
Health Officer:
Diane will follow up with John Chandler about the paperwork in reference to the horse bite incident.
Diane is working with the Rte. 7 property with trash issues.
Weight Permits:
Two weight permits were approved.
Diane mentioned that the Planning Commission will need to be thinking about the Town Plan this month.  Julie will try to find time to look at the census data.
Leicester is one of the three town’s that Regional Planning is working on as a pilot for language for the Energy/siting for the Town Plan.  Diane will contact Regional Planning about the timing of this.
Railroad Meeting:
Joshua Martineau is in charge of the coordination of the railroad meeting.  Tom will meet with them next Tuesday afternoon at 2:15 p.m. at the southern-most crossing on Old Jerusalem Road.
Town Shed:
Brad offered to find a name of an engineer to look at town shed roof project for structural weight limits.
Tom knows an engineer; Jeremy Rathburn.  Board decided to go that route since Tom knows the person.
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to authorize Tom to act on behalf of the Board, to engage services of a structural engineer, to evaluate the proposed town shed roof project, for a fee not to exceed $750.  3 yes and 1 abstention (Tom).  So, approved.
Green Up:
Diane reported that Saturday morning Lem will have a trailer for green up.  There will be a free lunch from Noon to 1:30 p.m. at the White Building.  Kate is getting raffle items.  Lem will be picking up Sunday morning.
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to adjourn at 7:17 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Next Meeting:  Monday, May 15, 2017
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary