Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes 11-06-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 6, 2017
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, Brad Lawes
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  
Approval of October 16, 2017 Minutes:
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to approve minutes of October 16, 2017 as written.  3 yes.  1 abstention by Brad.   So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported she is close to being able to enter all the information for the FEMA grant.
Regional Planning is trying to determine if the new storm qualifies or not.  There was discussion about the amount of work involved to get reimbursed for such a small amount of money for this last storm.  The storm might not qualify for it, anyway.  Time will tell.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to allow Julie to pay tax overpayment refunds, and payments to the school, as money comes in.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Julie reported that taxes are coming in.
Julie has a citizen with a concern about a tree at the end of Ember Trail and another tree on Rte. 53 hovering over electric lines on Lake Dunmore Road.  Arlan will look at the trees. 
Steve Morrison called about the railroad crossing.  He received a phone call from AOT, but the person would not give information.  A couple weeks ago AOT was down on his property driving stakes.  Julie didn’t have any new information to give him.
Julie reminded the Board that on Wednesday, November 8th at 6:00 p.m. there will be a public hearing for the Planning Commission to agree to forward the Town Plan to the Selectboard.  Once in Selectboard hands, they need to host a public hearing in December.
There were a couple Selectboard members who shared concerns on the language in the Plan.  There was discussion about the Energy Plan language that the State mandate requires to be eligible for deference.  Julie invited the Board to come to the public hearing on Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m. and talk about it with the Board.
Town Foreman:
Arlan confirmed they are ready for winter.  He might do some grading before winter.
Arlan will talk with Austin Johnson about the concern that Tom brought to Arlan’s attention.
Arlan reported that Brad Keith got the job of plowing the school.  Arlan would like to train him the way Roger did it and Arlan will salt.
Emergency Management Coordinator:
Cemetery Committee:
Julie reported that she received a $100 donation to be transferred to the Cemetery Fund in appreciation of Julie’s help in researching family history with them.
Health Officer:
Weight Permits:
Diane mentioned a two hour talk on the present and future of Addison County farms on Thursday night at Twilight Hall from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
Animal Control:
Julie has been unable to contact the Animal Control Officer.  She has called and left messages, and she has left messages with his wife, but she has been unable to contact him.
There is a case on Old Jerusalem Road that he was handling, but now is not contacting them.  Julie is getting calls.  The resident needs to receive a phone call from someone.
Diane will call the resident.  Julie will also send a certified letter to the Animal Control Officer.
Suggestions to call his friend.  Perhaps he knows how to reach him.
Town Shed:
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to go into Executive Session at 7:23 p.m. per request from Julie to discuss municipal security measures exempt per 1 V.S.A. § 313 (a) (10).
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to come out of Executive Session at 7:47 p.m.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to authorize Julie to research options for security measures.
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to adjourn at 7:47 p.m.
Next Meeting:  Monday, November 20, 2017
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary