Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes - 12-18-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, December 18, 2017
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, Brad Lawes
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Arlan Pidgeon, Julie Delphia, Donna Swinington, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:   New Business: Added Public Hearing: Adoption of Town Plan
                                   Old Business:  Railroad Grant
Public Hearing:  Public Review Final Draft Of 2017 Leicester Town Plan
Public Hearing was called to order for the purpose of soliciting public comment and adoption of Town Plan.
No public comment.  The Board reviewed final changes that were made.
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to close public hearing at 6:33 p.m.
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to adopt the Town Plan as presented.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Approval of December 4, 2017 Minutes:
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to approve minutes of December 4, 2017 as written.  3 in favor.   1 abstention (Brad).  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Julie requested that she be allowed to pay end of year bills as they come in and make any necessary transfers.
Motion by Brad and second by Ron to authorize Julie to pay year end bills; and make any necessary transfers.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie was able to get in contact with Chandler residence.  She requested to have John contact her.
Delinquents are at $154,500.
A gentleman came from Dupont Shelving to look at the vault and make recommendations to make it more efficient.  He will send a quote.
Julie shared that she is struggling to get information on the greeter program for the Milfoil Grant.  The grant is due the end of December.  It is really frustrating.  Julie would like to send an email to the LDFLA and request some agreements how it’s going to be completed.  Board agreed.
Road Foreman:
Arlan didn’t have anything to report.
Cemetery Committee:
Health Officer:
Weight Permits:
First View of 2018 Budget:
Julie provided a first draft of the Town Budget. 
Reviewed draft line items.  Recommendations made.
Motion by Diane and second by Tom to pay Julie $500 for the administration of the Milfoil Grant.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Discussion about billing LDFLA for the time spent on the grant administration.
Railroad Grant:
Julie shared a document received today, from the Railroad, indicating the many things the municipality is responsible for.  There is a lot that the Town did not ask to happen.  They want the Town to sign the document.  Julie will email copies of the document to Board to read.
No action taken.
Town Shed:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to adjourn at 7:56 p.m.
Next Meeting:  Due to the holiday, meeting moved to Monday, January 8, 2018
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary