Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes 09-18-17

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 18, 2017
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske, John Rouse, Brad Lawes
Others Present:  Arlan Pidgeon, Julie Delphia, Sandra Trombley, Secretary
Call to OrderMeeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair.
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda:  Added correspondence on required mandatory police coverage. 
Approval of September 4, 2017 Minutes:
Motion by Brad and second by John to approve minutes of September 4, 2017 as written.  All in favor.   So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John and second by Tom authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that delinquents are at $103,000.  Taxes have been coming in.
Julie reported that the Town Plan meeting was last Wednesday.  They are still waiting for the Energy Plan.  It has to be done by Friday.  September 27th the Planning Commission will approve the Plan and set their 30-day meeting on November 8th.  Planning Commission will send it to Selectboard on November 20th.   An informal approval from Addison County Regional Planning was received.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported that paving is done.  Scott did some grading.  Arlan finished the sand pile.
Tom asked if Arlan can put a couple loads of gravel down by Mike Rakowitz’s; as it washed out.  Limbs need to be trimmed by Calvin Loven’s and Austin (Jitter) Johnson’s. 
Diane mentioned the leaning trees across from Lem Palmer’s.
Emergency Management Coordinator:
John Rouse offered to share the responsibilities as Emergency Management Coordinator.
Motion by Tom and seconded by Brad to appoint John Rouse as Emergency Management Coordinator.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Cemetery Committee:
Tom reported the committee met Thursday.  There will be no further meetings until April.
Health Officer:
Weight Permits:
Diane reported that Senate Bill #27 will be put forth this fall that will require all municipalities to provide police coverage beginning July 1, 2018.
There will be an opportunity for community members to get information and to share ideas on Tuesday, September 26th at the Brandon Town Hall from 1:30 – 4:00.  Diane recommends someone go to this meeting.
Town Shed:
Don Markey gave an estimate of $21,675 for the completion of the roof on the shed.  His system would leave the current roof on, power wash and coat it, put 4” foam on top and lay silicone primer over the top.  He has a 50-year guarantee.
Arlan thinks the old roof should be removed.
Brad will make an appointment for him and Ron to see some of Markey’s work and share some of Arlan’s concerns.
Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:15 p.m.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Next Meeting:  Monday, October 2, 2017
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary