Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

9-17-2018 - Minutes

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 17, 2018
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske, John Rouse
Members Absent:  Diane Benware called in.
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Julia Ginorio, ECI and Sandra Trombley, Secretary                      
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:36 p.m. by Chair. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda 
Approval of September 3, 2018 minutes:
Held approval of minutes until next meeting for quorum.  Two Board Members attending were not at the September 3rdmeeting and cannot approve.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John and second by Brad authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Arlan didn’t have anything to report.
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported that at 7:00 p.m. the ECI representative will attend to discuss the railroad project.  Diane will call in just before 7:00 p.m.
The MRPG which is the roads permit that was approved.  They sent us a bill for $1750 which is the operating fee and the application review fee. Not due until June 2019.
The education cash flow has come out.  On December 1st,town will need to pay the State $342,537.
Health Officer:
Cemetery Committee:
Weight Permits:  None
Tom reviewed the correspondence:
  •       Local Roads Training
  •       Fall Planning & Zoning Forum
  •       Town Fair
Road, Bridges, Culvert Inventory Work:
Diane and Arlan went to the training.  It’s going to take 5 full days to complete the inventory.  Diane asked that she get paid for this work.
Motion by Brad and second by John to pay Diane $12 per hour to work on the road, bridges, culvert inventory work.  All in favor. So, approved.
Conflict of Interest Policy:
Motion by Brad and second by John to accept the Conflict of Interest Policy as written. All in favor.  So, approved.  
ECI – Railroad Discussion:
Julie introduced Julia Ginorio from ECI.  Julia came to talk about the railroad project on Old Jerusalem Road.   
Julie provided the Board with the section for the schedule and time frame flow chart.
Julia reported this project is one of five projects. They have to get all of them done from now until next May.  
They have the road closure from a Wednesday to a Tuesday, 11/14 – 11/20/18.  They have a detour plan for Old Jerusalem Road.  They don’t have enough room to safely put in one lane.  Their rail crew will work as many hours as necessary weather permitting.
Julia will send out notices to school, school transportation coordinator, emergency services and post office.
Detour signs need to be posted in advance and notices need to be sent to everyone on either side in advance.
There was discussion about the bus route which includes high school and elementary.
Diane wants people notified well in advance and detour signs placed well in advance.
Arlan had a question about re-grading and raising the slope of the crossing.  Arlan would like to see it sloped back.
Julia will talk with Adam about the grading.
Motion by John and second by Brad to give Julie permission to send an email to ECI with Board’s approval of Traffic Plan STP 2033(29).  All in favor.  So, approved.
Ron reported about the windows in the white building.  Because it is a historical building on the state and federal registers, the windows need to be done a certain way. The quote from R.K. Miles is for the Energy Star Marvin Windows.  They are very expensive, but are the best of the best.  
Ron will go back to see if there are cheaper windows.
Julie will email the quote to Diane.
The brick building also needs some work on the windows.  Not as bad as the white building, but will be if not taken care of.
Town Shed:
Brad reported they will be there tomorrow or Wednesday to power wash the roof and get it done.
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to go into Executive Session at 7:07 p.m. to review the Confidential CDL Records exempt per 1 V.S.A. § (a) (6).
Motion by Ron and second by Brad to come out of Executive Session at 7:10 p.m. with no action taken.
Motion by John and second by Brad to adjourn at 7:12 p.m.
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary