Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 11-5-18

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 5, 2018
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary                                                          
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda 
Approval of October 15, 2018 minutes:
Motion by Brad and second by Tom to approve minutes of October 15, 2018 as written.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported delinquent taxes are down to $72,756. 
She has been prepping for election.  Need to set-up for voting after meeting.
Property taxes are due next Thursday.
Julie asked when the Board would like to see a preliminary 2019 budget.  Board agreed on December 17th.
Road Foreman:
Arlan talked with Gary Dupoise about the problems on Ferson Road.  He is coming to measure to give a price.  He is almost done road paving.
Arlan took down a couple strips of insulation at the Town Shed.  He will wait before taking more down to see if they need to.
Arlan will call Mike about a snow plow.
Arlan mentioned that someone knocked over a sign down on the corner.  Julie called the State Police to investigate.  Julie gave the police the part of the truck with the plate on it that was brought to her.  Later she received a phone call from a gentleman in Salisbury that was very apologetic about it and would be very happy to pay for the sign.  As soon as we know how much the sign costs and how long it will take Arlan to replace it, let Julie know, and she will send him the bill.
Tom mentioned that the Town of Brandon has an ordinance of no thru trucks, but are not stopping for commerce vehicles.  
Arlan and Diane are over 60% done with their inventory project.
Weight Permit:
Maintenance Needs:
Ron reported they met with the two ladies about the white building windows.  They can fix the existing windows and put new storms on them.  There are different ways to go about it.  They do prefer wood, but you don’t have to.  They offered suggestions and recommended Allied Storm Windows.
Grant money cannot be used for storm windows.  
Ron stated they also looked at the brick building and some of the storms are rotting and coming apart.  They are 12’ high.
Ron will take photos and send to R.K. Miles to get different options.
Talked about developing a capital plan for the window project and thought looking into the Vermont Community Foundation would be worth looking into.
Diane indicated they need a new lock set for the door to the white building.
Motion by Ron and second by Tom to approve the purchase of a lock set for the front and back door of the Senior Center.  Get price from Royal Lock and Marshall Lock.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Town Shed:
Motion by Tom to adjourn the meeting and set up for voting at 7:05 p.m.
Next meeting:  November 19, 2018
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary