Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 10-15-18

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 15, 2018
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske
Members Absent:  John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary                                                          
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda Added Weight Permit, Letter from VT Sun.
Approval of October 1, 2018 minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve minutes of October 1, 2018 as written.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Ron and second by Tom authorizing Julie to pay the 4thinstallment to the Brandon Fire Department.  All in favor. So, approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Ron authorizing Julie to pay the bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported that he and Trevor braced up the salt shed last week.
Friday, Scott graded Old Jerusalem Road, Ferson Road and Wheeler Road.
Tomorrow, Diane and Arlan will started on the inventory work.  The iPad is in the office.
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Julie reported she is in the middle of tax season. 
Election things are keeping them busy.
The annual contract for Silloway in the amount of $1,650 was signed by Diane.
Julie received a voice mail from Brian at FEMA that he was here on Wednesday.  Apparently, he just stopped by and missed Julie.  He will call Julie on Thursday to complete necessary paperwork to finalize the grant.
Confirming meeting: Senior Center windows:
Diane confirmed meeting with Elizabeth Peables from Division of Historic Preservation for Tuesday, October 30that 10:30 a.m. to talk about windows.
VT Sun sent their usual letter for their planned events on June 22, July 14 and August 11, 2019.  Diane will send her usual letter to VT Sun.
Marianne LaRoche talked with Diane about the Strickholm Trust property that she voluntarily mows and she asked where the boundary lines were.  She mentioned that it is extremely rough to mow some of the area.  Arlan and Diane will check it out and get back to her.
Julie provided a map.
Weight Permit:
Weight permit for Lathrop Band Mill in Bristol was signed.
Ferson-Wheeler Road:
Julie asked the status of the problem on Ferson-Wheeler Road and where they were at with fixing the problem. 
Arlan asked Gary Dupoise to go down and look at it to see what it would cost to pave a section from Rte. 7 to the bottom of the hill and back down the Wheeler Rd a little way.  Tom thought that would eliminate the problem. The Board needs a dollar amount for budgeting purposes.  Arlan will contact Gary about it.
Julie will let Sid know they are still trying to get information from the paver.
Sign for Town Shed:
Julie will check on a price for a solid sign.
Town Shed:
The door has been painted.
Motion by Tom to adjourn at 7:08 p.m.
Next meeting:  November 5, 2018
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary