Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Minutes - 10-01-18

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 1, 2018
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present: Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Brad Lawes, Ron Fiske, John Rouse
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Jeff McDonough, Sandra Trombley, Secretary                                                          
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda Added BLSG update.
Approval of September 3, 2018 and September 17, 2018 minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve minutes of September 3, 2018 as written.  2 abstentions (John & Diane).  So, approved.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to approve minutes of September 17, 2018 as written.  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by John and second by Tom authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Road Foreman:
Carrara’s truck rolled over at the end of Delorm Road.   Arlan fixed the shoulder of the road and Julie sent the bill of $1,253.00 to Carrara.
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
There will be a BCA meeting October 15, 2018 at 6:15 p.m.  A notice will be sent.
Julie thinks the election will most likely be a fairly good size election with a lot of people registering and absentee ballots. Julie just got a notice from the school that they may have a bond vote that day, as well.  It will be double the work load on Election Day.
Julie requested approval to include with the bills, Little Pressroom’s invoice.
Motion by Tom and second by John to include Little Pressroom’s invoice along with regular bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
FEMA – Julie received a sub-grant agreement from Department of Public Safety.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to authorize Diane to sign the agreement on behalf of the Board.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Tom asked about the Cargill contract for salt. There has been some confusion about who has the contract.  Arlan will call tomorrow morning and talk with someone on pricing.
Julie reported the Listers are having issues with the State on issues with the Grand List.  They are having to do a lot of handwork.  Julie will keep Board posted.
Health Officer:
Cemetery Committee:
Weight Permits:  None
Diane read a letter of resignation from Leicester’s Zoning Administrator.
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to accept Mary Anne’s letter of resignation with regrets and gave thanks for her service to the Town.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Road, Bridges, Culvert Inventory Work:
Diane and Arlan will meet Kevin & Allie Dimwitty on Thursday around 9:00 a.m. for a brief training and to complete the inventory.  Once inventory is done, they need to identify the top five projects to develop the capital budget.
Brad reported they had a BLSG meeting ten days ago.  The BLSG lawyer is meeting with the Toxic Action Committee lawyer to try to work something out.  He hasn’t heard the results of the meeting at this time.  LDFLA gave a monetary donation.
Historic Preservation Feedback:
Diane contacted Elizabeth Peables from Division of Historic Preservation.  She highly recommends repair rather than replace.  There are standards and guidelines.  It’s not the “law”; but they highly recommend.  On Tuesday, October 30thor Friday, November 2ndthey would be able to come and meet members of the Selectboard and look at the buildings and offer advice.  Diane will email her tomorrow and will confirm date and time on October 15th.
There is a Structures Grant.  Ms. Peables said a project like this would be a very good candidate for the grant.  We could apply next year.
Town Shed:
Brad reported the roof has been done.  It is guaranteed for 20 years.  
Door needs to be painted. J
Arlan will remove insulation in the shed.  May or may not need ceiling fans.
Julie brought up the heat pump topic.  Julie will research the electric bills to see what current costs have been.
Motion by Tom and second by Brad to go into Executive Session at 7:20 p.m. for personnel matters.
Motion by Tom and second by John to come out of Executive Session at 7:50 p.m., passed unanimously.
Motion by Ron and second by John to accept the resignation of Zoning Administrator, Mary Anne Sullivan, effective immediately, and to authorize the Chair to place an ad in the Addison Independent seeking a qualified individual to serve as Zoning Administrator.
Motion by John and second by Brad to adjourn at 7:51 p.m.
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary