Welcome to Leicester, VT

A Great Place to Live

Meeting Minutes - 05-21-18

Town of Leicester
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 21, 2018
** See subsequent minutes for any changes
Members Present:  Diane Benware, Tom Barker, Ron Fiske
Members Absent:  John Rouse, Brad Lawes
Others Present:  Julie Delphia, Arlan Pidgeon, Sandra Trombley, Secretary                                                          
Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chair. 
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Agenda
Approval of May 7, 2018 minutes:
Motion by Tom and second by Ron to approve minutes of May 7, 2018 as written.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Review/Authorization to Pay Bills:
Motion by Tom and second by Ron authorizing Julie to pay bills.  All in favor.  So, approved.
Reports from Town Officials, Committees:
Town Clerk/Treasurer:
Arlan and Julie road around the FEMA area gathering information to complete the paperwork.  Julie sent this information.  
Julie provided the Board with this year’s Financial Management Questionnaire for signature.  It was signed.
Julie stated that they have to do sam.govwhich is the System for Award Management.  Now, we have to have a letter from the Board that appoints the entity administrator contact; which is Julie.  It states that we agree that we are sub-administrating it and are not a third party doing it on the town’s behalf.  It has to be notarized.
Julie reported that Beth has transitioned over to their system.  It seems to be working well.  So far, so good.
Road Foreman:
Arlan reported they have been ditching on Wheeler Road and doing some dirt work on Jerusalem Road.
Tom mentioned a sag in the road on the flats on Leicester/Whiting Road.  Arlan will talk with Gary to fix the sag on Leicester/Whiting Road and pave a section where Salisbury meets Leicester on Maple Run Road.
Diane informed that the town did not get the paving grant.
Gary might be able to do the stretch on Rte. 53 for the budgeted amount.  Arlan mentioned three trees at the cemetery that were cut down.  Arlan will take a look and see what he thinks about removing the stumps.
Weight Permits:
Weight permits were approved and signed by Arlan for Goodro and G. Stone.
Cemetery Committee:
Tom talked with Gary Stanley about the mess on the grave in the cemetery.  The excavator blade went over a grave marker and moved it.  Tom had to straighten the grave marker.
Tom will get a new flag for the cemetery.
There are two bushes beside the flag pole that need to be moved and replaced with something new and uniform.  Tom would like to price some small dwarf bushes to replace them with.  
Tom discussed the water drainage at the cemetery.
Tom needs some help putting in a couple posts on the boundary line and marking rows.  Ron has a bucket loader and transit and will help Tom.
Health Officer:
Old Jerusalem Road culvert update:
Diane reported that about three weeks ago Gary Sweeney sent an email wanting to set a date in June to review the plan for the Old Jerusalem Road project.  
Diane emailed him back.  He is having problems getting a meeting organized for June, and a meeting will probably be sometime in July.  He is shooting for July 16th.
There is a grant for one segment.  They need to think about a culvert to do.
Town Shed:
Motion by Ron and second by Diane to adjourn at 7:04 p.m.
Next Meeting June 4, 2018.
Respectfully submitted,
Sandra L. Trombley
Selectboard Secretary